Valentina Digest, Vol 21, Issue 7

Aldwin Pollefeyt realbasic at datalinesolutions.net
Thu Sep 9 09:21:43 CDT 2004

Hi Ruslan and Roland,

Is there a way to get the emails separately like the Realbasic
mailinglist and not in 1 email a day??

> On 9/7/04 5:36 PM, "Roland Hildebrandt" <r.hildebrandt at sbt.fr> wrote:
>> You mean our Database before error -39 occurs is corrupted ? Is there
>> a way
>> to find out corruption with a crypted database ?

I am just a newbee but I had the same error with Realbasic and I
changed the segmentsize from 16*1024 to 32*1024 :
valbool=db.create(dbfile,1,32*1024) and away was the error

> On 9/8/04 6:21 PM, "Aldwin Pollefeyt" <realbasic at datalinesolutions.net>
> wrote:
>
>> I want to set the pointers after an importText() in an Valentina
>> database.
>> Contact : 688 Records  Klanten: 896 Records
>> And I have to do this also for a BaseObject with 64.000 Records
>>
>> Normaly: But this gives a crash !
>>
>>  CONVERT RDBLINK Klanten.nummer=Contact.Klantnummer INTO Klant_Ptr
>
> Klant_Ptr -- this is objectPtr, right?
>
> You have create it self AFTER import ?

First I created the database, with the objectPtrs ready. Then I did the
import, then (and here is the problem) I want to connect my BaseObjects
with this (so called) easy function.

>> Things I tried:
>>
>> Wrong result:
>> UPDATE Contact SET Klant_Ptr=(SELECT RecId FROM Klanten WHERE
>> Klanten.Nummer=Contact.Klantnummer)
>> UPDATE Contact SET Klant_Ptr=Klanten.RecId JOIN Klanten ON
>> Klanten.nummer=Contact.Klantnummer
>>
>> Doesn't work at all(error in syntax):
>> UPDATE Contact JOIN Klanten ON Klanten.nummer=Contact.Klantnummer SET
>> Klant_Ptr=Klanten.RecId
>> Err 607 : Expected '('  with VISql
>> UPDATE Contact,Klanten SET Contact.Klant_Ptr=Klanten.RecId WHERE
>> Contact.Klantnummer=Klanten.Nummer
>> Err 607 : Expected '(' with VISql
>
> I do not understand why you talk here about UPDATE ?

Like I did with other databases, the records are already inserted and
then I want to update them to put the RecId of the related record into
the ObjectPtr.

Greetings,

aldwin.