V4MD - Error -39

Roland Hildebrandt r.hildebrandt at sbt.fr
Tue Sep 7 16:36:05 CDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ruslan Zasukhin" <sunshine at public.kherson.ua>
To: <valentina at lists.macserve.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 3:58 PM
Subject: Re: V4MD - Error -39

> On 9/7/04 4:54 PM, "Roland Hildebrandt" <r.hildebrandt at sbt.fr> wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > On a database created with V4MD 1.9.8 on windows, with director 8.51 I
get an
> > error -39 while trying to make an insert using sqlexecute. We use 4
files
> > formated for our databases (vdb ind dat (blb)).
> >
> > The error happens only when some valentina code has been called from
director
> > before I make the insert.
> >
> > In our project we use several instances of the valentina XTRA at the
same time
> > in order not to have to recreate instances of the XTRA each time we
change
> > database files.
> >
> > Our project works fine for several months before the error comes up. And
this
> > using the same code.
> >
> > So to sum up the only way to have the bug is :
> > * Using a database which has been used for several months (no bug on a
clean
> > database)
> > * Execute the insert using the code below (if you erase even one line of
the
> > code the insert works fine)
> >
> > I tried several things which does not solve the problem including using
XTRA
> > 1.10...
> >
> > This is not due to some ponctual crash. Our client lost his databases on
about
> > 20 different computers (windows) during a week after 6 months of use
without
> > any problems. So it seems the problem is linked with an important amount
of
> > data in the database.
> >
> > The code which causes the error is the following :
> >
> > =====================================
> > ValentinaDebugLevel(1)
> > ValentinaInit( 100 * 1024, "", myserial )
> >
> > myBaseA = new(xtra"VDataBase")
> > SetEncryption( myBaseA,"gloubiboulga" )
> > openDatabase(myBaseA, the moviepath & "bases\Accounts")
> >
> > myBaseB = new(xtra"VDataBase")
> > SetEncryption( myBaseB,"gloubiboulga" )
> > openDatabase(myBaseB, the moviepath & "bases\Scoring")
> >
> > myBaseC = new(xtra"VDataBase")
> > SetEncryption( myBaseC,"gloubiboulga" )
> > openDatabase(myBaseC, the moviepath & "bases\Data")
> >
> > sqlstring="INSERT INTO Accounts_profil (Cle_accounts_profil, seniorid,
> > date_training, ind_m, ind_a, ind_l, ind_fe, ind_vs) VALUES
> > (769,1,'02/02/2004',10,10,10,10,10 )"
> > SqlExecute(mybaseA, sqlstring)
> > => error -39
> >
> > ================================
> >

> > I have also made a diagnose on the Accounts Database (see below). The
other
> > ones (Scoring and Data) are not so important as far as we get the same
bug
> > even with clean Data and Scoring. So the problem seems to come from the
> > Accounts Database.
> >
> > I searched a big part of the valentina list archive for error -39 and I
have
> > found that this is an end of file error of the vdb file on macintosh.
And also
> > saw that this happens often with old valentina versions but not anymore
with
> > the newer ones.
> >
> > So if someone has any ideas (error -39 , several instances of XTRA ,
amount of
> > data which changes the way it works etc...) about this complicated bug
this
> > would be wonderful. I can send a test project. Or some other
information.

> Hi Roland,
>
> It looks you have corrupted db files.
>
> Only hope to fix this -- using XML dump than XML Load into new fresh db.
> May happens that some info will be lost.
>

> --
> Best regards,

Hi Ruslan,

You mean our Database before error -39 occurs is corrupted ? Is there a way
to find out corruption with a crypted database ?
Thank's for the advice of XML dump but my problem is not to save some data
in the files.
I need to understand why we become this error on all accounts databases
after 6 months of work.
In fact we have to make the same kind of project for october. So I have a
big problem because I know I will lose all data after six months on one of
the database but I don't know why and I have no workaround.
That's why it's important for me to understand why this happens.

Best regards

Roland Hidebrandt