Valentina or other database???

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Sep 6 20:05:27 CDT 2004

On 9/6/04 7:51 PM, "Claudius Sailer" <Claudius at sailer-online.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> best possibility to get an answer is to ask on
> Valentina-Developer-List. Support is great and fast.
> I believe Ruslan will be able to give you some hints to speed up.

>> Am 06. Sep 2004 um 18:00 Uhr schrieb Aldwin Pollefeyt:
>>
>> I have a table with 65000 records with each 250 values. (G4PPC 800Mhz-
>> 512MB SDRAM)
>>
>> The fastest way that I found now with a Valentina Database is :
>>
>> RowFromFile=l.readline
>> FirstRowFromFile=replaceall(RowFromFile,chr(9),chr(44))
>> do
>>   RowFromFile=l.readline  '250 values
>>    testSQL=SQLExecute("INSERT INTO "+SQLTable+" ("+FirstRowFromFile+")
>> VALUES
>> ('"+ReplaceAll(ReplaceAll(RowFromFile,chr(39),chr(92)+chr(39)),chr(9),c
>> hr(39)+chr(44)+chr(39))+"')")
>> while not eof '65000 Records
>>
>> 1 insert = 500ms  =>  65000 * 500ms = 32500s => 541m 40s => 9 hours
>>
>> without the insert (with readline, replaceAlls, ....) => 1 record < 1
>> ms
>>
>> :(  Luckely this is the biggest table but there are others also for a
>> few hours.

I do not see full description of task.

* It seems you have own text file and try parse and import it, yes?
* table have 250 fields ?

1) Why you not use Valentina's native cursor.ImportASCII() function.
It is optimized and it can work in many times faster of your RB-made one.

2) if you want/must use own import method then you must consider

-- cache must be as big as possible

-- indexed fields must be set to be NOT indexed,
    so no spend of time on update of indexed on each add.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com