Automatic Data Entry

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Oct 29 18:38:25 CDT 2004

On 10/29/04 4:57 PM, "Peter De Berdt" <peter.de.berdt at pandora.be> wrote:

> On 29 Oct 2004, at 15:53, Kim Kohen wrote:
>
>> G'day Peter
>>
>>> And if you need the RecID in the SELECT query, you need to include it
>>> in the query, even if you are using SELECT *  (it's all in the docs if
>>> you have not read them yet):
>>> SELECT ..., RecID FROM T1
>> €€€€
>> Would I use Select RecID, * from t1 or does it need to be
>> Select *, RecID from t1 or does it not matter which order as long as
>> it's
>> specifically requested?
>>
> No specific order, it just needs to be specifically requested.

Yes, as any other virtual field.

Kim, you know that in FMP exists virtual fields?

Valentina also have them.

You can have 10 normal fields, and 10 virtual fields in  table.

Select * -- returns only normal fields. To be compatible to other RDBMS.

Select ** -- return 10 + 10 fields

Select RecID, f1, method1, f2, method2
    -- you have tell EXACTLY what you way to see.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com