Automatic Data Entry

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Oct 29 10:00:05 CDT 2004

On 10/29/04 9:26 AM, "Peter De Berdt" <peter.de.berdt at pandora.be> wrote:

>> You still need a key/ID field in SQL, as far as I can tell. It's just
>> that its not going to be as automated as we are used to in FMP. We'll
>> need to build a routine to generated that data to go into that field.
>
> You can use the RecID (and in Valentina 2, you have primary keys and
> foreign keys too, those are the ones you're looking for),

yes

> but if a
> record is deleted, the RecID of that record will be reused when you
> create a new one. I believe this has also changed in Valentina 2.

No Peter!

This is feature of RecID field.

There is nothing bad in this!
This is good that it is reused :-)

There is no problem here because Valentina with its ObjectPtr field do
automatical referential integrity.

IF this feature for some task is not god, then and only then developer
should prefer to use own ID field.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com