Synchronising dbs from several servers

Florian Bogeschdorfer fb at memedia.de
Thu Oct 28 10:43:39 CDT 2004

Hi!

I need to synchronize adresses and payback cards between different outlets,
each running it's own vServer and DB in my current application.

I thought about sending changes (change,new,delete) in the two important
tables to an online Db/php,mySQL where each outlet can then download the
changes. Do you see a better way?

Since I made a single handler doing all record changes like

On VALchangerecord cursor,data
  --change data here
  ..
  ..
  ..
End

I am now in trouble, because I would have to catch if the changes are in the
2 mentioned tables, something like:

On VALchangerecord cursor,data
  --change data here
  ..
  ..
  ..
  If table of cursor is "Adress" or "card" then
    --synchronize with internet
  end if
End

But I see no way to find out the table(s), that a cursor refers to. Is there
a way?

Otherwise I would have to change every call to the changerecord sub...

Best regards, Florian