Automatic Data Entry

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu Oct 28 10:12:01 CDT 2004

On 10/28/04 12:59 AM, "Chuck Pelto" <cbpelto at pcisys.net> wrote:

> And maybe that's what V Studio is supposed to help with; changing a
> Valentina database structure without breaking the application. I
> certainly hope so.

Chuck,

I do not think that FMP can allow me REMOVE some field,
And that it will remove this field from layouts CORRECTLY.
I still will need to go and polish layouts. Right?

How you can CHANGE structure and not break code?

If you rename field in Vstudio then your code will be broken
Because you use that name in CODE.

If you delete field then your code will be broken because you use that
field.

If you add field, then MAY BE your code will work.
But may happens that will be some glitches also.
Example, if you use SELECT * then you will start to get MORE columns for
cursor than before

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com