Full Text Index Search

Peter De Berdt peter.de.berdt at pandora.be
Wed Oct 27 13:01:36 CDT 2004

>>> So James, I think you can look on Valentina 2.0 beta.
>>> I believe you will be impressed :-)
>>
>> Beta sounds great!
>>
>> However, I need to ship a product within a couple of months.
>>
>> Will Valentina 2.0 be available for me to integrate into a shipping
>> application by January?
>
> I believe yes.
>
> We practically have done all new features and we go into mode of bug
> fixing
> and docs writing.

The docs are a very important aspect. The docs from Valentina 1 caused
some of the people I know to go for another database just because the
docs were very limited and some of the example code just wasn't
correct. Valentina 1 was very easy to learn (once you understood the
object-relational approach), but knowing the plethora of new features
in Valentina 2, the docs should be clear and educating.

Something similar to the REALbasic Guide (QuickStart and Developer's
Guide) would be very nice.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt