Bad Thing?

Chuck Pelto cbpelto at pcisys.net
Thu Oct 21 10:00:42 CDT 2004

Greetings,

On Oct 21, 2004, at 12:15 AM, Peter De Berdt wrote:

> Yep, you should have opened your database as a generic VDatabase
> first, then alter the table structure (i.e. rename the fields), then
> open it using your REALbasic VDatabase subclass.

Okay...where are instructions on how to go about doing THAT business;
opening the db as a generic VDB and altering the table structure?

It's good that I'm doing this, learning all the pit/prat-falls, on
something simple.

By the way, is there a nice tool to assist in looking at and modifying
a database system and its structure? Something like ANALYZER and
VISUALIZER by Waves In Motion for FileMaker Pro?

Those were particularly useful tools. I'd pay good money to have
something like that for Valentina databases.

Regards,

Chuck