301 Errors

Chuck Neal chuck at mediamacros.com
Tue Oct 19 15:45:31 CDT 2004

Basically I have a relational database with multiple tables joined together.
Here is a simple example...

Box - ID, Name
Item - ID, Name
Item_box - Box_id, Item_id

The ids are created in order they are added, so when I import/export I have
to be aware that the ids must change so...

First I go through the boxes.  I create a new database (empty) and get all
the current boxes from the original database.  I then add each and set up a
list of the old ID and new ID....

This way I know what the old and new numbers are.  I do the same for item,
then I rebuild the item_box table by checking the old numbers against the
new and create new entries.

I am adding images and text, but all of these were added via the same
interface.  It seems that it may be getting overloaded when doing this in
one loop though.  Is there any way to force the cache to empty out?  I tried
flush() at key points but it had no effect.  No single item is more than a
few KB, and if I do a smaller subset of the data it exports fine.

I tried upping the cache from 4 MB to 8 MB and it still errors.  The same
commands that were used to create the initial data are also being used to
copy the DB.  I have a parent script that is the DB controller, so I just
spawn a second one and send add() commands to this so it is not building any
differently than the base application, except that its doing them quickly in
a loop.

Any other ideas?  These are testes so clients may have much larger data sets
they want to export so I can't even count on a small size being enough to
get around the problem.  Why is it always corrupting at the same point?  Its
all plain text and image data and it comes from existing records so it
should be formatted correctly.

-Chuck
Chuck Neal
CEO, MediaMacros, Inc.
chuck at mediamacros.com
http://www.mediamacros.com
Check out the Developers Mall
Your one stop shop for all your Director Xtra Needs
http://www.mediamacros.net/customer