slow Vserver

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Oct 13 22:32:06 CDT 2004

On 10/13/04 8:43 PM, "Chris Sheffield" <csheffield at readnaturally.com> wrote:

Hi Chris,

> I've got one more question for you.  We've discovered that some IP addresses
> either don't work or work slowly with VServer, but I'm still not totally
> sure if it's because of network settings or what.
>
> Right now the testing network in our office is using 192.168.x.x IP
> addresses and everything is working fine.  We can connect to VServer from
> the clients.  But if we change the IP addresses to either 10.x.x.x or
> 172.16.x.x, then we experience slow downs or can't connect at all.  When we
> can't connect we usually get error 10060.

Please explain me.

What are these addresses 10.x.x.x and 172.16.x.x ?

Why you or your clients try to use them ?

> So my question is does VServer require a certain form of IP address?

We have no such info. We need stud this issue.

> Everything seems to work great when using 192.168.x.x, but the other two
> forms of internal IPs seem to choke, and we've found that our customers who
> have problems are using one of these two forms.  And they either cannot
> connect at all to VServer or they are experiencing horribly long delays when
> connecting.

I see now. Okay, so we need setup our local network with these addresses and
test. May be we have something wrong in our code.

> I don't know if this offers any new ideas or not.

Of course yes!

> But if there is anything else you can think of, I'd be willing to try.  I'm
> still not totally convinced that it's hardware related.  There are just too
> many variables and too many different configurations involved.

Yes, now it seems we have other issue.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com