[V4RBclient] cursor.setblank really necessary?

Eric Ferrer wonderfef at noos.fr
Tue Oct 5 16:01:59 CDT 2004

Hello all,

In one hand, I have a cursor containing a few records.
In another hand, I have a string that contains ids of records, fields names
and values.

In a loop, I analyse this "updating" string in order to update the records
in the cursor.

The trouble is that my "updating" string may not contain exactly all the
fields available in the cursor:

Say my cursor contains "field1", "field2" and "field3" but my updating
string only contains values for "field2".
So, if I call "cursor.setblank", it will erase the values in "field1" and
"field3", which is bad!

The question is:
Is "cursor.setblank" really necessary?

Of course, I could examine first what's in my updating string in order to
get the good fields from the cursor, but this is not possible in the way I
use my updating string...

Thanks
Eric