V4RB, idea - StructureBrowser. Can somebody help?

Frank Schima frank-list2 at mindstarprods.com
Sat Oct 2 15:39:39 CDT 2004

Hi Ruslan,

On Oct 1, 2004, at 1:45 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
> I think you have see that I have extract from viSQL the structure
> rowser
> window into SHARED folder.
>
> Thanks to this we all can now very easy add this window into our
> projects.
>
> So I think we all are interested in the improvement of it.
>
> I see the next possible improvements right now:
>
> 1) browser simply show field flags.
>     But I suggest the next idea.
>     Let it show check boxes.
>     Let we can set ON/OFF that check boxes to change field flags
>     without programming.
>
> Can somebody do this? Frank?

Unfortunately I lack the time to do this right now - I've just
relocated and I'm looking for a new job. In any event, I don't see that
as the purpose of ViSQL or the Structure Browser. After all, it is
meant to simply *browse* (look but not change) the structure :^). I
believe VStudio should do this.

> 2) this Browser must become aware of new properties of
>     Database Tables and fields.
>     At least
>
>             LocaleName
>
>     Later
>             CollationStrength

Yes, I totally agree with this and when I finally get around to
updating ViSQL (probably just for Valentina 2), I will add these.

Best regards,
Frank