error 13 (OS X) and error 57 (OS 9)

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Oct 1 14:52:53 CDT 2004

On 10/1/04 12:14 AM, "Chris Sheffield" <cm_sheffield at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have a customer who is trying to install VServer on
> her Mac OS X server (running 10.2.8 I believe).
> Everything goes fine and the service is running.  But
> after installing our software on the client
> workstations, she is unable to connect to the database
> on the server.  She's getting error 13 under Mac OS X
> (Panther) and error 57 under Mac OS 9.

-57   noMacDskErr  not a Macintosh disk (sig bytes are wrong)

> Does anyone
> know what these errors mean?

Guys.

When you will teach self do google for "MacOS Error codes"
You will find several sites where these errors are listed.

They are listed also in the docs of Apple that are located in the folder
DEVELOPER on MacOS X

On Version tracker exists utility "Apple Errors" which also contains error
descriptions.

> I know they're not normal Valentina errors, but something is causing them when
> trying to access a Valentina database.
>
> I can't find either one when searching Google.  A search for error 13 says
> it's a type-mismatch under Windows, but can't find anything about Mac OS.
>
> Can someone help?

Everybody from you have file on your OS X with errors of unix type.
Path

    /usr/include/sys/errno.h

#define    EACCES        13        /* Permission denied */

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com