Accented characters again

Leo Van den Brande leo_van_den_brande at wxs.nl
Sat Nov 27 20:28:26 CST 2004

Hu Francois,

Thanks for a swift reaction!

Question 1:

     >> c.Field(j).GetString(DefineEncoding(Temp,App.MyEncoding)) //which
     >> here is MacRoman

     >Are you sure Temp is in MacRoman encoding ?

Yes.
I suppose the problem must be in the query string. How to query for a
record on the basis of a term containing accented characters.
BTW, I also tried:
Temp = NameCase (do nothing)
Temp = DefineEncoding(NameCase,Encodings.MacRoman)
Temp = ConvertEncoding(NameCase,Encodings.MacRoman)
with no succes.

  > (Note : I should avoid using "Name" to name a variable, because
  > it's often a property of the current object.)

Of course, you're right. I'll keep it in mind

As to Question 2:

     >> c.Field(j).SetString(DefineEncoding(Temp,App.MyEncoding))

     > I think you must use ConvertEncoding here and not DefineEncoding
because Temp is a RB string that has UTF8 encoding, not MacRoman.

Stupid of me! Thanks a lot, Francois! It works!

So, Question 2 is resolved. Is there a solution for Question 1?

Thanks for your help!

Leo