V4WS need to use semaphores when READ from table in case cause simultaneous indexing?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Fri Nov 26 11:25:16 CST 2004

On 11/25/04 11:32 PM, "Steven" <srt at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

Hi Steven,

You think in too complex way.

You use db.SqlSelect() and db.SqlExecute(), right?
You get cursor in the firs case.
Valentina self will lock records using options you provide.
Each thread/page have own cursor.
Each cursor can read or write records independently, because each cursor
lock own records.

So actually I do not see reasons why you need to use in V4WS semaphores.

Do you have any problems IF you not use them?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com