[V4MD] Director MX 10.1 crashes after debugging a Lingo error on MACOSX

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Wed Nov 24 11:55:16 CST 2004

Dear all,

I have the following problem.

I use Valentina for Director 10.1 - no problem.
If I make a mistake in Lingo source code Director stops a shows me my error. If I click on DEBUG I
can correct my error. After doing this I restart my application within the developer environment and
I get the message that Director can't access the Valentina DB. I guess there is an open thread to
the DB (I use the stopMovie routine to call CloseDatabase(gDB)). Now I click at any button (Cancel,
script, debug) Director disappears immediately from my screen and without my corrections!

If I don't debug my Lingo error by clicking at CANCEL, correct my error by searching the source code
by hand and restart the problem doesn't appear.

This problem only appears at my MACosX. On WinXP no problem.

Any comments?

Hans