[VSERVER][V4MD] OSX client slow on server?

Erich Geiersberger erichg at mcmm.com
Wed Nov 24 02:01:19 CST 2004

At 18:57 Uhr +0200 23.11.2004, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
>Oh, idea!
>
>Please check settings of the .ini file
>
>You must have LogToFile and Verbose level as zero.
>Check docs.
>
>I think that MAY BE you use ini file will say: DO LOG.
>
>And log file of course slow down a lots.

No, both are set to 0.

>  >> Work on the same computer should be the fastest case.
>>>  May be you have other processes on that computer?
>>>  It is stable result?
>>
>>  No other processes.
>>  And the result is stable.
>
>Then next question.
>Have you try on other computer?
>
>If yes, then I'd like to get THIS database,
>Your client app
>And steps to reproduce

I have checked it again and the slow thing is a getcolumn() call
which follows the select.
The select itself is quite fast (about 31 ms)
but getcolumn() lasts 275 seconds on the varchar field and 274
seconds on the UShort field.

I only have one OSX box at the moment.

I also just found that I already sent a demo for this on the 31st of
january. If you don't have it anymore I will look for it and send it
again.

Any news on error 22?

Regards
Erich