[VSERVER][V4MD] OSX client slow on server?

Erich Geiersberger erichg at mcmm.com
Mon Nov 22 14:08:52 CST 2004

I have a database with about 1300 records. On program startup I need
to read all 1300 records to build a list for selection. I use:

"Select Nummer, Indikation from Rezepte Order by Indikation"

where Indikation is an indexed VarChar (german) field which can be up
to 350 chars and Nummer is UShort.

This process lasts about 5 seconds on PC and Mac clients and 2
seconds on a PC server with client installed.

If I install a client on the same OSX machine where the server is
running on, this client needs about 1 minute to read the records.

The OSX server is a G4 Dual 867 with 1 Gig of RAM running 10.2.8.
I have tried to run the server with 100 MB cache, allocate 32 MB on
ValentinaInit but it did not help.

Any idea?

--
Erich Geiersberger