UPDATE in 1.11 (was Re: Licensing and Release Notes questions)

Frank Schima frank-list3 at mindstarprods.com
Sat Nov 20 13:33:55 CST 2004

Hi all,

On Nov 20, 2004, at 2:10 AM, erne wrote:

> on 19-11-2004 22:16, Ruslan Zasukhin at sunshine at public.kherson.ua
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/19/04 10:59 PM, "syalamar at fiberlink.com"
>> <syalamar at fiberlink.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Could you give us what defects got fixed in 1.11 - It will help us in
>>> deciding better, if we want to integrate our
>>> application with the 1.11 SDK version or wait for the next 'major'
>>> release.
>>
>> A couple of bugs was with record locks.
>>
>> Another with UPDATE SQL command and NULL value.
>>

> sorry to appear indelicate here
> but I find Update somewhat broken in 1.11

I agree with erne. UPDATE with a NULL in the WHERE clause is
problematic for me too. It doesn't actually UPDATE even though there is
no error and it returns a valid number of records affected. The same
SQL works fine in 1.10. For me it is not a big deal because I can wait
for Valentina 2 for this project.

Best regards,
Frank