ImportASCII - English OS takes 8 seconds; German OS takes 20Minutes

syalamar at fiberlink.com syalamar at fiberlink.com
Wed Nov 17 08:41:45 CST 2004

Hi Ruslan,

Yes they have the same cache size.

On the same German OS machine, if the ImportASCII call is made before the
SQLEXECUTEs - it takes only 8 seconds.

Also the SQLEXECUTEs(DELETE) is being done on a BaseObject named
POP_DETAIL, whereas the ImportASCII
is being done on a different BaseObject named POP_DETAIL_TEMP.

I don't understand why deleting rows from one BaseObject should impact
ImportASCII on another.
The BaseObjects do not have any links/relations.  In fact we do not use
links/relations in our database
at all.

Thanks you

SY

On 11/17/04 2:53 AM, "syalamar at fiberlink .DO.T com" <syalamar at
fiberlink .DO.T com>
wrote:

> // ON AN ENGLISH WINDOWS XP SP1 MACHINE - THE IMPORTASCII CALL TAKES
LESS
> THAN 8 SECONDS - NO PROBLEMS AT ALL
>

> // ON A GERMAN WINDOWS XP SP1 MACHINE - THE SAME IMPORTASCII CALL TAKES
> ABOUT 20 MINUTES.

So 100% the same data, the same db and the same code?

Only OS different?!

Wow.

> // IF I MOVE THE IMPORTASCII CALL BEFORE THE DELETE SQLEXECUTE
STATEMENTS,
> IT TAKES LESS THAN 8 SECONDS.

> // LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING IN THE DELETE SQLEXECUTE CALLS IS CAUSING SOME
> THING TO SLOW DOWN THE IMPORTASCII CALL.

> // I TRIED db->Flush() AFTER EACH CALL TO SQLEXECUTE - STILL THE SAME
> PROBLEM.
>
> // ANY IDEA WHAT COULD BE HAPPENING.

Is the cache size the same on both computers?

Regards,
SY

entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.   If you
received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.