Adding new fields

End If Software - Ralf Sander ralf at end-if.de
Tue Nov 16 00:34:11 CST 2004

Hi Ruslan,

>> How can I get the index (the index used for find and sort, not the id)
>> of a field or method as a string.
>> Like "Show Index" in filemaker
>I have not understand a question.

sorry, starting with the wrong subject makes confusion complete.

I'll try to explain better:

assume a field name with 3 records:+
1. Ralf
2. Ruslan
3. Someone else

The index of the this field should contain
"Ralf
Ruslan
Someone else"
separated by returns
That's how I know it from filemaker, and I thought, its the same in
Valentina.

Now i want to get this complete index as a string:
"Ralf
Ruslan
Someone else"

This would be much more easy (and faster) than getting all values, and
removing duplicates. Possible?

By the way, there is a function in Filemaker to get all values of a field in
a cursor as a string :
assume a field "name" with 5 records in a cursor:

1. Ralf
2. Ruslan
3. Someone else
4. Ruslan