Crosspaltform accented characters

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Sun Nov 14 14:56:44 CST 2004

>On 11/13/04 9:51 PM, "jda" <jda at his.com> wrote:
>
>>  I don't have a Windows machine, so I can't test this, but if
>>  Valentina isn't doing any conversion behind your back,
>
>It does

This has bitten a few people even without having utf8 characters
involved. I somehow doubt that with this automatic conversion (of
ascii codes) cross-platform usage of stored utf8 chars is possible
without some pre- and/or postprocessing. However, may be it would be
possible for Ruslan to make this automatic conversion optional (as in
having an option to turn it off) in Valenina 1.x. The problem will go
away in 2 but 1.x will live (at least will be used) for quite a while
yet.

Robert