Crosspaltform accented characters

Martin Kloss martin.kloss at gmx.de
Sun Nov 14 13:19:11 CST 2004

At 18:36 12.11.2004, you wrote:
>QUESTION: should I construct a conversion routine, using the two
>definitions (ASCII and German) and copy all contents of the database
>between them or is there another way that any of you knows?

Hi Leo,

I've had some problems with high-ascii characters from different languages
using V4MD, but most of them were due to the fact that the font mappings
of the custom font I was using where totally different on Mac and PC.
So rather than creating a runtime conversion routine, I had the font designers
change the positions of the characters within the font for Mac and PC so
that the characters actually displayed correctly, even though the ascii
value was wrong. It was kind of a hack, but it worked and it the easiest
and quickest solution. If you search the archive, you'll find my posts about
this issue. I don't know if this helps you in any way.

Martin.

Martin Kloss

Skype me 24/7: callto://martinkloss

Like the author? Buy the book: