[V4RB] Database Mode Problem

Frank Schima frank-list2 at mindstarprods.com
Fri May 28 14:45:17 CDT 2004

Hi Ruslan,

I'm seeing a strange problem when I create a database from importing a
text file. When I create a database with 4 files, it works fine. But
when I create it using only 1 file, it is corrupt. The only difference
is changing the Mode parameter in the Create method. One strange thing
I notice that happens consistently when it does not work is that my Mac
says that it is running out of disk space. That is very odd considering
I have over 23 GB of free space!

Works:
b = app.mdbFips.Create(fDatabase, 4, 128)

Does not work:
b = app.mdbFips.Create(fDatabase, 1, 128)

Using V4RB 1.10. Is this a known issue? I can send you the RB project
that displays the problem, but the import text file is 3 MB compressed.
I can send that too if you can handle it. Let me know.

Best regards,
Frank