Problem with sort / index is incorrect

Matthew Jew mjew at icnc.com
Thu May 27 15:31:15 CDT 2004

Ruslan,

I have a Cocoa application that samples several web servers for "hit"
statistics and such.
Using this data, it calculates about 10 different sets of statistics.

Much like the old Cocoa Demo app, the user can click on a column to
sort the table by that column.

My problem is that the result of the Sort() is not the proper order.
I determined that the Sort does not return the correct order because
the index is not right.

If I throw out the .ind (thereby causing Valentina to rebuild the
index), then everything is OK.
However, if I add more data, the Sort order quickly becomes incorrect
again.

I do not think one should have to keep discarding and rebuilding
indices to get proper Sort results.
I can send you a copy of the program with a corrupted sample database.

Am I doing something wrong?

I am using version 1.10 of the VSDK.framework.

- Matthew