[VXCMD] installation errors on Revolution

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Thu May 20 11:57:37 CDT 2004

On Thursday, May 20, 2004, at 09:44  AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

>> Is there a basic handler to test why this is not working?
>
> This means that VXCMD module was NOT found by Revolution
> And it was not registered.

I think I might be getting passed this error, I mean that the VXCMD
module might be found by Revolution now. The VXCMD_Test.mc now gets
past this on the open stack handler. When I try the create button I get
"creator error 306"

What does that tell you. I hope it means it's beginning to work.

I did a small change to the open handler:

   get Valentina( "SetDebugLevel", 3 )
   put "" into CursorRef
   -- if (vxcmd_init =82, "true") then -- commented out for next line
   if (vxcmd_init <> "true") then
     get Valentina("Init", 10*1024*1024)
     if (it contains "ERROR") then
       put false into vxcmd_init
       answer it
     else put true into vxcmd_init
   end if

Now I can create database files so something's working. It turned out
that the only version of the Valentina app was an old PPC so I got rid
of that and loaded Valentina Carbon...

Now it doesn't work and it keeps closing my script error window before
I can click on it to see what the hang-up is.

Well I created one database once but it won't work now.

Mark