ImportASCII is causing indexing issues - reproducible on certain machines - sample code attached

Srinivas Yalamarti syalamar at fiberlink.com
Tue May 18 09:17:05 CDT 2004

You wrote:

> I think you have next problem:

> -- you have at least one UNIQUE index

> -- you import file which contains DUPLICATES

> -- during import Valentina may ignore checks

> -- so after that when it try build index it fail.

> If this is a case, you should correct your import file.

We do have indexed fields on that base object.  But none of them are set
as 'Unique'.

To be sure we also tried creating a sample data file that has all the
indexed field to ave
unique values anyway.  We still have the same problem.

BTW, how do I send you a copy of the sample code - the attachement I sent
along with
my original post bounced back.

Also, we are trying out with 1.10 as we speak.

Regards,
Srini Yalamarti
Fiberlink Communications Corporation
(215)793-6559 (Office)
(610)462-8023 (Cell)
http://www.fiberlink.com

entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.   If you
received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.

Ruslan Zasukhin <sunshine at public.kherson.ua>
05/17/2004 05:54 PM

Srinivas Yalamarti <syalamar at fiberlink.com>,
<valentina at lists.macserve.net>
cc

Subject
Re: ImportASCII is causing indexing issues - reproducible on    certain

On 5/18/04 12:39 AM, "Srinivas Yalamarti" <syalamar at fiberlink.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> We are using C++ SDK 1.9.7 in Win32 env.
>
> We have a strange problem with importing ASCII data into an existing
> valentina database.
>
> When we do a 'reindex' on a table before importing the data into the
table,
> the
> reindex SQL works fine.
>
> But after we import some ASCII data into the table, the 'reindex' SQL
fails.
> And the SQL selects subsequently fail within the application.  SQL
Selects

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com