[FAQ] VServer

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu May 13 12:43:53 CDT 2004

On 5/13/04 12:34 PM, "Martin Wright" <martin at kinetix.co.uk> wrote:

Hi Martin,

> Thanks for that.
> A few more questions;
>
> 1. how do we decide which port to use for our Vserver?

Exists list of reserved ports by some apps.
You must be able find it on internet.

You should not use that ports.
You can use any other port.

Exists 65535 ports.

I can tell that ports > 15000 usually free.

> 2. if we have 2 different Vserver products ( 2 services ) on one Windows
> server, can we use the same port number for both?

No, each must have own port.

> 3. what's the overhead for each Vserver service?

In idle -- ZERO CPU.

RAM usgae I think not important also because OS can move it to HDD.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com