Two different issues with Encryption - ValentinaError()

Gunnar Swan gunnarswan at PracticeToPass.com
Wed May 12 00:37:38 CDT 2004

To recap ...

Windows - Director 8.5. - V4MD.x32 only

(1) SetEncryption
(2) SetStructureEncryption

Both occur in examples that ship with Valentina.

(1) SetEncryption

--Start Code Snippet
on OpenDB
  global gDB
  set gDB = new(xtra"VDataBase")
  -- BEFORE we open database we need tell to database object the encryption key.
  --SetEncryption( gDB, "abrakadabra" )  -
  openDatabase(gDB, the moviePath & "test.vdb", 4)
put ValentinaError()
end CreateDB
-- End Code snippet.

The ValentinaError() should return an error and does not. The SetEncryption is REMMED out.

(2) SetStructureEncryption.

------ Code Snippet from example shipping with 1.10
on OpenDB
  global gDB
  set gDB = new(xtra"VDataBase")
  -- BEFORE we open database we need tell to database object the encryption key.
  SetStructureEncryption( gDB, "abrakadabra2" )
  openDatabase(gDB, the moviePath & "test.vdb", 4)
end CreateDB
---- End Code Snippet.

Here, ValentinaError() should return an error and does not. The SetStructureEncryption has the wrong password.

For now, I will do a simple operation on the database to determine if the encrypted database opened correctly.

Best Regards,
Gunnar Swan

-------- End of forwarded message --------

Best Regards,