SetStructureEncryption ...

Gunnar Swan gunnarswan at PracticeToPass.com
Tue May 11 22:36:49 CDT 2004

Good Day,

The SetStructureEncryption does not generate a ValentinaError() when wrong key is sent.

This is straight from the Examples ...
Notice I set encryption key to "abrakadabra2".
Database made with "abrakadabra"

------ Code Snippet from example shipping with 1.10
on OpenDB
  global gDB

  set gDB = new(xtra"VDataBase")

  -- BEFORE we open database we need tell to database object the encryption key.
  SetStructureEncryption( gDB, "abrakadabra2" )
  openDatabase(gDB, the moviePath & "test.vdb", 4)

end CreateDB
---- End Code Snippet.

Go to examples, Structure Encryption. Change password on openDB.

Should ValentinaError() generate a 326 ... Wrong Encryption Key ??
But ValentinaError() returns 0 ... no error reported.

Best Regards,
Gunnar Swan
Practice To Pass
1.888.307.2050