[FAQ] ODBC Connection for Valentina

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat May 8 10:06:52 CDT 2004

On 5/8/04 4:09 AM, "Simon White" <Simon_White at on.aibn.com> wrote:

Hi Simon,

> I understood the difference between a BaseObject and a Cursor.  My question
> was is there any real difference if the cursor is created by taking all the
> fields from only one baseObject.

Visually no.

But as I remember you use VCOM Client, yes?
I.e. You work with Valentina Serve.

Only Cursor can work remotely.
BaseObject API allow work with LOCAL database only.

BTW, if you have in table e.g. 20 fields, but in cursor you select only 4
fields, then such cursor really will work about 5 times faster!

> I have not seen any reference to the GoToPosition() method in the PDF files
> I downloaded.

In VCOM it is probably is PROPERTY of class, not a method.

I think it can have names c.Postion or c.Index

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com