Questions re. Data Rows, Transactions

Phil philip at accessitsoftware.com
Fri May 7 16:39:43 CDT 2004

Hi, I'm a bit of a Valentina newbie....

1) I was wondering if there is such an object (or concept) as a
'DataRow' in Valentina. I.e perform a query, get back a VDKC_Cursor. If
that Cursor contains multiple rows, can I treat each row as some sort of
Valentina DataRow object?
Each time I want to call 'NextRecord()' and treat it as an entire row
(and for example pass the entire row around the application by
reference), not as a whole lot of fields within that row.

2) If there is such a thing as a DataRow object, can I then perform an
update on it? I.e if I have a row with 10 fields, ANY of which may have
changed, I don't want to have to write a whole lot of SQL saying "if
this field changed, update it" and "if that field changed, update it",
etc etc.
I'd like to be able to change the field(s) as I choose, then tell
Valentina to take the row and perform updates if necessary. I admit
there are times when this would be difficult or impossible, such as when
the row contains results from multiple tables, or concatenated columns...

3) I also saw in todays messages that transactions are not supported. Is
there any plan to implement this?
Help! If not, this'll have a major impact on our SQL complexity and the
way in which we write our application.

Thanks,
Phil