Bug? on insert into previously deleted recid

Tim James tjames1 at bigpond.net.au
Tue May 4 19:33:00 CDT 2004

Well I tried this and no luck- some pointers appear to get confused or
at least I had some finger trouble

However I still have the field in the table defined as string(40)
indexed where if I insert into a previously deleted recid it does not
alter the fields value but keeps the value of the previously deleted
field

However if I update the record after this the field is changed and is
accessible, indexed etc

Doesn't this look like a bug rather than a db corruption ?

I am still facing an overnight stay at my client for a dumpxml/loaddump
if I can't find a solution quickly (I am currently remotely fixing any
errors that occurred  during the day each night !!)

TIA