363 Error & Design Confusion

Ian Devaney idevaney at mac.com
Sun May 2 20:25:34 CDT 2004

I am working on a new project with vServer. I decided to change the
design a little from my previous projects.

For example, I am using a "contact" class that has a vCursor property.
This is a similar idea to the contacts example from the Valentina web
site in that the class moves the cursor to certain positions for
editing, viewing etc. I figured cutting down on queries in a server
situation would be a good thing.

Anyway, it seems this raises serious problems.

A "Contact" contains data from 3 related tables. When the contact needs
to be edited, for example, my edit window needs to query the database
to build popup menus etc. that represent data in the related tables.
However, since my "contact" class now has a persistent vCursor
property, I just get 363 errors when I try to do this. From what I can
gather, this is because a cursor referencing the same data is still in
existence.

Is my design idea complete bollocks or is there an elegant way around
this?

Cheers,

Ian