HELP: Query Advice

Ian Devaney idevaney at mac.com
Sun May 2 18:17:31 CDT 2004

A bit brain-dead today - I think this should be really simple!

I have 3 tables. Contacts, Contact_Groups and Lists.

These are linked via object pointers.

The main Contact record holds only 1 pointer to the Contact_Groups
table but several to the Lists table. The Lists table contains stuff
like Prefix, Suffix, Country.

2 questions:

1, How do I structure the SQL to get all the data?

2, Once I have a cursor with all the data what is the best way to deal
with it?

In Valentina I can't say:

"lists.list_value as Prefix, lists.list_value as Suffix,
lists.list_value as Country"

So what do most people do in this situation?

Cheers,

Ian