RTF problem solved

Scott Runkel srunkel at hypix.com
Wed Mar 31 17:42:29 CST 2004

> Just wanted to say that I solved the RTF problem I was having.  The
> database will contain only the RTF code, then Director can easily
> convert the code to readable text.

Glad you got it working!

Another option here is to use setMedia and getMedia in a BLOB field of Valentina
to actually put the entire Director #text member in there. I've done this with
many #text members. I'm not sure if there are advantages to one over the other,
except that I don't think the RTF alone will preserve the member's properties,
such as its width and height, boxType, etc., which you might want to preserve.
By storing the entire member().media, you can keep all the #text member's
properties intact when it is retrieved.

-SR

Scott Runkel
Director of Technology