(no subject)

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Mar 31 22:15:58 CST 2004

On 3/31/04 10:12 PM, "Gregory Kowalski" <gregkowalski at earthlink.net> wrote:

>> Hi Gregory,
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I would like to know if it is possible to use Rich Text Format in a
>>> Valentina database.
>>>
>>> If so, how is it done?
>>
>> What you mean to use?
>>
>> Import it ?
>

> Yes.  The data to import is scientific stuff with symbols (alpha, beta
> etc.) as well as superscript and subscript.
>
> Can this be imported to Valentina? I tried with FileMaker pro, but it
> won't export either the symbols or the super/subscripts properly.
>
> The client asked me if my database engine (Valentina, that is) can
> handle Rich Text Format. I don't know what sort of database file they
> would give me to import to valentina, though.  Just wondering if anyone
> had any experience with this.

I think this cannot be imported directly in such way as you want.

It is possible to store style of text into parallel binary field.
This works.

I think superscript and subscript -- are features of STYLE of text.

So most probably you must write own PARSER of that RTF file,
Store into VarChar found text, and into Varbinary the STYLE part of that
text.

If you want save RTF file AS IS, into BLOB the no problems.
But in such case you cannot search its words.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com