V4RB Sockets, Threads and Windows Crashes

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Mar 31 12:18:21 CST 2004

On 3/31/04 10:58 AM, "Cindy Brown" <cindy at kowhaiprogramming.com> wrote:

> Mac to mac is fine. Win to Mac also seems to be fine. It is when the server
> is on a windows machine that the problems occur. This problem is occurring
> consistently now but only on the windows machine. The Mac machine using the
> same program and the same database is working fine. There is no problem here
> with doubling up as it is only adding in one record at a time. The
> semaphores are stopping the windows machine from sending more than one item.
> I have checked through each step to make sure it is working fine and for 210
> records it is perfect and then for number 211 it quits. There is no apparent
> difference between record 210 and record 211.

Oh,...

What can I tell you more...

May be try to add THE SAME 220 records ?

Again, try to make LOCAL only without sockets V4RB example,
That have the same table and add the same records.
May be you have discover some Valentina problem and then LOCAL project also
must fail.

Try to change size of Valentina cache.
It is not clear why eaxctly 211 record fails.
Than more that you say that data come different.

You have VarChar fields?
What length of VarChars ?

> Here are the steps: I have created the records in client 1 and sent them to
> the server.

As batch?

> Client 2 is not running. It cuts out at record 211.

You mean server crashes?

> I then run the server again.

What sense if you already have bad db?

> It finishes collecting the files with no apparent problems.

How ?

You store data from client in the tmp file?!

Then you must be able reproduce all just without clients at all,
Just having file.

> I quit client 1 and run client 2. It begins collecting the files
> from the server and adds them all in with apparently no problems.

What files from the server?

> Go to check the database

What database? On server?

> and see my new files, program crashes. When I diagnose
> the second client database I get this:

Hmm, so you have dbs on server AND on each clients?
You make synchronization?

Sorry if you already have answer this.
Just I cannot keep all in head.
Aha, yes, and this is why you not want use our Vserver.
But again, you can develop your algorithm of synchronization in Vserver
also.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com