V4RB Sockets, Threads and Windows Crashes

Cindy Brown cindy at kowhaiprogramming.com
Wed Mar 31 18:57:20 CST 2004

Hi Ruslan

I'm still struggling with the windows version of my server/workstation. I am
running a simple test where I create 244 records on my workstation and send
them across to the server. Every time it gets to record 211, the server just
quits. If I then run it again, the records continue updating but are now
corrupted so if I try to bring them across to another workstation the
records corrupt the workstations databases. Only happens on Windows. I have
created a thread and got the semaphores to work as they should. Everything
seems to be working fine. There are no doubles, the server is only
collecting one record at a time. In fact, in my test environment there is
only one workstation running and therefore the records are only being
updated to the server one at a time. Yet it crashes every time at record
211. Note, each time I do a test, I run a different set of records so record
211 is different each time so it is not related to the record.

When I run a diagnose database file I get:

* BaseObject: "sysItem"
Problems found.

-----> Field: "ItemDescrPtr' of type ObjectPtr
All right.

-----> Field: "Value' of type VarChar
All right.

-----> Field: "TextValue' of type Text
Problems found!

(!) Minor problem: exists 1 orphan segments.(indicate mistake in algorithm.)

-----> Field: "ParentPtr' of type ObjectPtr
All right.

Have you got any more suggestions (other than going to Valentina Server
which I have already explained I don't want to do just yet).

When the program quits it quits at the line:

WorkingCursor = app.mdatabase.SQLSelect(s,2,1,2).

It works for the first 210 records and then quits on the 211th record.

I am starting to despair that I will never be able to sort this problem
out!!!

Cindy Brown