VServer Question on Connection

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Mar 29 22:08:23 CST 2004

On 3/29/04 9:57 PM, "X Y" <xyzabc1010 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
> I hooked up my Director App to valentina and
> everything works fine. I am now trying to add a
> handler that checks whether or not the database
> connection was lost.
> The steps are as follows
> 1. OpenDatabase
>  Perform several queries
>  For each query check whether or not we still
>  have a connection to the db.
>  (the way I do this is through VServer Available
> API)
> 2. CloseDatabase
>
> I did this with the VServer xtra. However, opening a
> session via VServer, I now have 2 connections to the
> db for my one app. Is there a way to check this with
> only 1 connection.

Yes,

When you have Vserver xtra connection you can send its Ref
To Vdatabase xtra.

I think this must be in docs.
And this was 100% on list archive.

BUT, I do not think this is good idea.
Not effective.

Just do your work as always!
In case connection will be lost, Query will fail,
And error code will be "connection lost"

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com