parenthesis trick on sql selects question

Dave Parizek dave at Parizek.com
Sun Mar 28 18:29:40 CST 2004

I want to (A and B are joined by objectptr):

select * from A, B where A.f1 = something and A.f2 = something and
B.f3 = something

The above returns a 616 wrong expression error.  My understanding is
there is some workaround to the effect that if you put parenthesis's
around the requests for each table it would solve the problem:

select * from A, B where (A.f1 = something and A.f2 = something) and
(B.f3 = something)

but I am still getting a 616 error.

Can someone let me know how the parenthesis workaround/trick is
supposed to work to get V4RB 1.98 to perform this query?

--Dave