Format version problem

Francesco Cosoleto francesco.cosoleto at libero.it
Thu Mar 25 03:54:12 CST 2004

Il Tuesday, March 23, 2004 11:36 PM,
valentina-request at lists.macserve.net <valentina-request at lists.macserve.net>
ha scritto:

Hi Ruslan Zasukhin,

> Question: in C you create new database
>     or you try work with existed db made by V4MD?
>
> If you work with existed db you should understand that V4MD have Director
> specific SetMedia() function which save data that only DIRECTOR can read.
>
>> Really DataBase_Dump() with SQL option don't write.  I get "VarChar field
>> corrupted" error. This is the problem. I have seen that error occur with
>> Field_GetString() also. But with Valentina for Macintosh (MC680x0

No Field_GetString(), Cursor_NextRecord().

>> executable) databases seem work fine in every occurence.
>
> Well, please try open this db by VAPP or Valentina Studio and do dump from
> there.
>
> Also make DIAGNOSE of your db. May be your db is corrupted.

I don't know if SetMedia() is used, but I am sure to exclude database
corruption problem and my C code work correctly on new db (VarChar
included).

I use Christian Bauer's MAC emulator in order to dump data by VAPP.
Unfortunately I get crash after 10Mb of ASCII output (400Mb left). It's
possible a emulator failure. :-( However, I import this file into
clone/remake db, then everything is going smoothly, excellent.

About Valentina Studio for Windows tests, it reads database structure only,
crash on attempt to browse data, unlike VAPP. Dump just as before, 3 record,
20Kb. Diagnose explain...

- - - -  - - -

BaseObject: "January"

Problems found.

-----> Field: "DATE' of type Date
All right.

-----> Field: "PAGE' of type UShort
All right.

-----> Field: "CAPTION' of type VarChar
Problems found!

Next offset must be >=, but it is less. For RecID = 4 <---
Next offset must be >=, but it is less. For RecID = 6
Next offset must be >=, but it is less. For RecID = 8
[...]

I apologize for being slow to reply. I give up a lot of time to Valentina
applications.

Francesco Cosoleto