SQL way of getting last recID

James Kleinschmidt jkleins at shentel.net
Sun Mar 21 08:16:36 CST 2004

On Mar 20, 2004, at 2:16 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 3/20/04 5:58 PM, "James Kleinschmidt" <jkleins at shentel.net> wrote:
>
>> On Mar 19, 2004, at 4:31 PM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
>>
>>> It seems know.
>>>
>>> We need invent something.
>>>
>>> You have ideas What syntax we can use for this?
>>
>> v=SQLSelect(LastRecID(tableName))
>               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> Wrong.
>
> SqlSelect() should get string

How about v=SQLSelect("Select LastRecID From tableName")

Also I think I am just not getting my mind around this problem
correctly. It seems like it is so commonly encountered situation that
there must be an answer I am missing. My problem is easy. I have a list
with all the users in a group. When I click to edit one I get the
individual record and fill in the edit fields. When I want to add a new
one I populated the fields and on "Save" I insert the record into the
database. The thing I want to do is just keep contact with that record
so if I want to edit it anymore I can. I can't seem to find a way to
get the recID of the last added record without searching by some other
factors. It seems like such a common problem surely someone has a
solution that I am just missing, or a different way of approaching
this?
Thanks,

JIm