[FAQ] Problems applying the Valentina Data Model

Keith DeLong delong at redcort.com
Wed Mar 17 14:53:38 CST 2004

> On 3/18/04 12:20 AM, "Keith DeLong" <delong at redcort.com> wrote:
>
>>>       SELECT ** FROM T
>>>
>>> This select YOUR normal fields, and BaseObject methods (calculated fields).
>>> Hmm, I not sure now if this also selects RecID.
>>

>> It doesn't (though it should ;-)
>
> Hmm,
>
> Jurgen says it returns it:
>
>>> This select YOUR normal fields, and BaseObject methods (calculated fields).
>>> Hmm, I not sure now if this also selects RecID.
>>
>> For your enlightment, (and mine as well) - it does :-)

I'd love to be wrong here. Maybe I'm just confused...

I just fired up viSQL and queried a half dozen tables.

Select *         = all normal fields
Select **        = all normal fields & baseobject methods (no RecID)
Select RecID,*   = all normal fields and RecID
Select RecID,**  = all normal fields & baseobject methods & RecID

Jurgen? Ruslan??