table aliases

fiona cosgrove fionacosgrove at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 17 16:01:30 CST 2004

oops sorry , did aother typo in my email this is what
i shpuld have wrote!! This is my code : (and the error
is still happeneing)

 -------------
 1) code with ORDER By in the sql string
 ------------
 set gDatabase = new(xtra "vdatabase")

   DatabasePath = string(the moviepath &
 fulltext.vdb")

   openDatabase(gDatabase, DatabasePath)

     kReadWrite = 3
     kserver = 2

 sqlstringS = string(" 'select wstr_id, wstr_title,
 ai_count from wstr, ai, aw where ai_wstr_id =
 wstr_id
 and ai_wwrd_id = aw_id and aw_word = 'biology' order
 by ai_count' ")

  set gCursorRelevance = new(xtra "vCursor",
 getRef(gSrchDb), sqlstring, Kserver, kreadWrite)

 ----------------
 2) code Without the ORDER BY in the sql string, this
 works
 ----------------
 set gDatabase = new(xtra "vdatabase")

  DatabasePath = string(the moviepath &
 fulltext.vdb")

   openDatabase(gDatabase, DatabasePath)

     kReadWrite = 3
     kserver = 2

  sqlstringS = string(" 'select wstr_id, wstr_title,
 ai_count from wstr, ai, aw where ai_wstr_id =
 wstr_id
 and ai_wwrd_id = aw_id and aw_word = 'biology' '")

  set gCursorRelevance = new(xtra "vCursor",
 getRef(gSrchDb), sqlstring, Kserver, kreadWrite)

 The error always happens when Ive included the ORDER
 BY at the end of the string.

 --
Fiona