Encryption

chuck hinkle chuckbo at hinkles.us
Mon Mar 15 11:54:11 CST 2004

> On 3/15/04 3:46 PM, "chuck hinkle" <chuckbo at hinkles.us> wrote:
>

>> I seem to be overlooking an important step to set up encryption.
>> I'm using RB 5.5.
>>
>> I have a database that I've been using, and it's defined in the variable
>> myDB. My method that creates the database works for:
>>
>>  myDB.schemaversion = 1
>>  myDB.creator = "TEST"
>>  rc = myDB.create(f,1,4*1024)
>>
>> but if I then add this next statement, the compile gives me an error.
>>  myDB.ChangeEncryption("","test")
>>
>> The error I get is "This method or property does not exist in
>> App.OpenNewSet, line 25"
>> But when I'm typing in the command, after I type myDB.C, the pulldown
>> list
>> of choices include ChangeEncryption, so it's recognized as valid by the
>> IDE.
>>

>> I get the same error when I do a
>>  myDB.SetEncryption("test")
>> in front of the command
>>  rc = myDB.open(f)
>
> Hi Chuck,
>
> V4RB have example on encryption and
>
> you can look into __TEST project in V4RB archive. A lots of encryption
> tests
> here.
>
> --
> Best regards,

Rusian,
I found the examples in the documentation on Friday night, and that's what
I used to figure out the two lines to copy into my program. I found the
_TEST project that you refer to. That one compiles for me, but I still
don't see any reason why it won't compile in my program.

Are there other entries that need to be made anywhere that I might be
overlooking? As I say, the methods are recognized when I'm typing the code
in to the IDE, but the compile says that it doesn't recognize the methods.

I'll keep looking at these two lines.
chuck