Encryption

chuck hinkle chuckbo at hinkles.us
Mon Mar 15 07:46:03 CST 2004

I seem to be overlooking an important step to set up encryption.
I'm using RB 5.5.

I have a database that I've been using, and it's defined in the variable
myDB. My method that creates the database works for:

   myDB.schemaversion = 1
   myDB.creator = "TEST"
   rc = myDB.create(f,1,4*1024)

but if I then add this next statement, the compile gives me an error.
   myDB.ChangeEncryption("","test")

The error I get is "This method or property does not exist in
App.OpenNewSet, line 25"
But when I'm typing in the command, after I type myDB.C, the pulldown list
of choices include ChangeEncryption, so it's recognized as valid by the
IDE.

I get the same error when I do a
   myDB.SetEncryption("test")
in front of the command
   rc = myDB.open(f)

chuck

Chuck Hinkle [INTJ]

"Perception is usually more persuasive than reality"