FMP7

Tim Davis timdavis at amug.org
Thu Mar 11 09:55:37 CST 2004

Hi Robert,

> Has anyone looked in detail at Filemaker Pro 7 yet?

Yes, I went to the conference last year and I've already played with=20
the demo this week. One of the biggest areas of change in FMP7 is table=20=

relationships, such as multiple tables per db file, multiple windows=20
per table or file, various key matching conditions (=3D =AD < > etc), =
you=20
can now pull data from a table multiple relationships deep, and a new=20
GUI for establishing table relationships.

Loads of other new features which are important to Filemaker Pro=20
developers. Have they accomplished everything on my dream list yet, no.=20=

Of course that would seem more like Valentina than Filemaker.   : )  =20
But no doubt that this total rewrite of the application is the most=20
significant upgrade for the product ever. Check out the 30 day demo.

Tim Davis=