Record lock, err 363

James Milne james.milne at mac.com
Thu Mar 11 13:51:54 CST 2004

Hi all,

I'm using Valentina 1.10 with REALbasic 5.2.4 and I'm having a strange
problem
with record locking.

In my application, I mainly use SQL select strings to perform queries,
and I'm using
'empty cursors' to insert data.

After having inserted a few items into my table I'm getting a problem
with the
table becoming locked such that I can no longer create a writeable
cursor on it.
I'm just using Valentina within my application- no server stuff going
on here.
Using DebugDumpObjects in REALbasic to show me what objects are alive
shows that there are no VCursors alive when my call to SqlSelect fails.

What other ways are there that a table might become locked? I am using
SQL
update statements in some places. Is there anything I need to do after
an
Update to ensure that the rows are unlocked?

--
James Milne